One of the biggest questions, beginners have is “How do I deal with hunger?”
When trying to lose weight, hunger will set in from time to time in between meals.
And this can be a dangerous time, if you don’t know how to deal with it.
Temptation sets in.
You eat a cookie…and then another…and another.
Before you know it, half the package is gone and the last few days hard work is ruined.
Here are some fitness tips for beginners who need some ideas of what they can eat when hunger sets in.
- Air-Popped popcorn with “I Can`t Believe It’s Not Butter” spray + water
- rice cakes with sugar-free jelly + water
- repeatedly brushing your teeth when cravings hit (it works,trust me)
- salad with fat free low sugar dressing + water
- 1-2 Tbsp. natural PB + water (fat satiates your appetite)
- Celery sticks or carrot sticks + water
- Sunflower seeds
- Gum (sugar free)
These are some quick ideas off of the top of my head.
Hunger should NOT be part of your day IF you’re eating several small meals spaced out every two and half to three hours.
Small meals mean anywhere from 100 calories (apple) to 500 calories (full meal).
Chew your food slowly for optimal digestion and enjoyment.
Focus on protein.
Protein is more filling and will help you to retain muscle (lean tissue) while losing fat.
Once you master the occasional hunger pangs, you’ll be on the way to accomplishing your fitness goals whether it be fitting into that new bathing suit, looking great for a photo shoot or vacationing with friends or family.
Leave your ideas below on how you deal with hunger in a healthy way.
Others will benefit from your comments.